aren't the dll/cpl files used for the non-textmode part? (i mean the part
where the rest of the drivers (audio, video, ... ) is installed ?

i guess you could just put them in some folder like e.g. site/win_drivers,
and use the driver selection script from Pierre so the correct path will be
included...

Michael De Groote