Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> Also, exporting software from Iran is legal. You only need a permission
> from the Ministry of Guidance and Islamic Culture that's not hard to
> obtain. Is this against any international agreement?

If the copy cannot show a lawful chain of licensing from Microsoft,
then it cannot be sold in Berne Convention countries (i.e. most of the
world).

> I don't get your point. How are localized versions of Windows in
> Iran related to "prepetuating the evidence"? Perhaps I'm missing something
> important...

I think the point is that some day there will be a licensed Persian Windows,
and it is good that Microsoft get the Farsi conventions right *before*
that day comes.

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
no more / no less                    || http://www.reutershealth.com