Doug Ewell wrote:

> Paragraph breaking implies that line breaking is also performed, and that
> the two are different somehow.  LS and PS probably should not be treated
> as synonyms.

Right, but we are talking about plain text editors here.
I would expect a plain text editor to treat LS and PS and all the others the same.

A somewhat higher-level editor (like WordPad) might be smart enough to distinguish
line and paragraph breaks.

My wish is that there were a real, observed standard for flowed text, not just in
emails (RFC 2646 I think), where one has basically plain text but with flowed text and
also line breaks and paragraph breaks.

markus

PS: Which emailers support "flowed" text/plain?