On 2002.10.28, 13:09, David Starner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Basically, any decorative or handwriting font can't be a Unicode font.
<...>
> Seems pointless to tell a lot of the fontmakers out there that they
> shouldn't worry about Unicode, because Unicode's only for standard
> book fonts
Hello? Who says decorative or handwriting fonts can't be Unicode fonts? I've got dozens of fonts on my system that prove this wrong. Zapfino, which ships with OS X and which I had the privilege to work on, is about as decorative a handwriting font as you could wish for, and of course it has a Unicode cmap.

Or are you working with some definition of 'Unicode font' other than 'font with a Unicode cmap'?

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It is necessary that by all means and cunning,
the cursed owners of books should be persuaded
to make them available to us, either by argument
or by force. - Michael Apostolis, 1467