John Hudson schreef:

> Collision of any letter with an accent mark on a preceding
> or following letter is simply a mistake, and should be corrected
> by letterspacing (positive kerning).

I agree with you; on the one hand, the examples mentioned like få
and fè and so on don't look very nice as is and could use a little
correction; but they would benefit more from adding a pixel or so of
extra space than from merging the fs and the accent marks together.
Then again, wouldn't the same apply to the fi ligature? After all,
the i is an accented letter too, isn't it? I mean, the dot is an
accent mark, allowing the i to be decomposed into U+0131 and U+0307.

Pim Blokland