Elaine Keown
        Tucson

Hi,

> Does Dr. Kaufman speak for all professionals in the
> field, or would it be fair to say that Dr. Kaufman
> is speaking for only one such professional?

Prof. Dr. Stephen Kaufman, of Hebrew Union College,
Cincinnati, is the leading computational Aramaist in
the world.  He is certainly among the top 5 Semitics
scholars.

Prof. Kaufman is the head of the CAL, the
Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon.  He hopes to completely
computerize all Aramaic ever written.

He knows more about manuscripts and about variant
glyphs than I ever expect to know.---Elaine