From: "Kenneth Whistler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On the other hand, for many English speakers, "RSVP" is simply
> learned as an unanalyzed verb, pronounced "aressveepee", meaning
> "send a response to this message". And to castigate such speakers
> for politely prepending a "please" to that verb is a little
> too much, don't you think?

We actually know of a person here who used to refer to a bigwig guest as a
"Very VIP person". I don't think she was corrected for some time -- its
entertaining to let them find out on their own, sometimes....

MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Technical Lead
Globalization Infrastructure, Fonts, and Tools
Microsoft Windows International Division