On 23 Jul 2010, at 00:51, Tulasi wrote:

> On 15 July 2010, Unicode had moved at lightning speed to register a proposal
> from an Unicode insider and registered it at 23:39 HRS.

No, it didn't. "Unicode" did nothing. An experienced character encoder (me),
who has encoded something like half of the currency characters encoded in the
standard, wrote up a proposal in a timely fashion. No particular haste was
taken. I just wrote it up.

> On this date, Unicode had received proposals for same purpose form
> non-insiders too -- as you know this is true because India is a nation of
> over a billion populations.

I have seen no other proposals to encode the character, submitted either to the
UTC or to WG2.

> So what method Unicode had used to choose to register the only proposal from
> an insider?

Tulasi, get a grip. There is no conspiracy to do... whatever the heck you think
is going on. For my part, I would like to see the character assigned a code
position, because this will help people implement the new character.

> Doesn't it sound like insiders trading :-')

No, it doesn't.

> In order to recognize Unicode as the discoverer of India new Rupee sign it
> must be transparent displaying all proposals submitted on 15 July 2010.

"Unicode" did not "discover" the character. Unicode is not a person. The
character was not secret.

> If ISO approves, even if Unicode does not approve, India’s new Rupee sign
> gets approved automatically.

You do not understand the encoding process.

> So why did Unicode rush hastily in this way?

Unicode did not "rush hastily. "Unicode" didn't do anything at all. I wrote a
proposal because it is my dharma to do things like this.

> Will India pay Unicode anything at all?

Will anyone pay me anything at all?

> Do you know if India wants you guys to gossip in this way in this forum?

"India" is not a person. "India" does not want things.

> India is World’s largest democracy by the way :-‘)

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

> Hoping I have explained!
> Any question, please feel free to ask.

You haven't explained anything. You haven't clarified anything. If you are
uncomfortable, it seems that it is due to fictions of your own.

A goal is to encode the character at a stable code position for the use of
Indians and others.

I can't think of any other goals regarding this matter.

Relax. Go see a movie or something. There's nothing wrong here.