On 5/21/2015 8:46 AM, Peter Constable wrote:

Would Unicode really want to get into the business of running a UFL service?

I suspect both Eric and I may have have been slightly tongue-in-cheek with respect to UFLs...

... not sure about anybody else.

Cheers,

A./

*From:*Unicode [mailto:unicode-boun...@unicode.org] *On Behalf Of *Asmus Freytag (t)
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:15 PM
*To:* Eric Muller; unicode@unicode.org
*Subject:* Re: Tag characters

On 5/20/2015 9:57 PM, Eric Muller wrote:

    On 5/20/2015 7:11 PM, Doug Ewell wrote:

        In any event, URLs that point to images would be an awful
        basis for an encoding.

    I would make an exception for the URL
    http://unicode.org/Public/8.0.0/ucd/StandardizedFlags.html
    <http://unicode.org/Public/8.0.0/ucd/StandardizedFlags.html>.

    Eric.

Currently that gives me

          Not Found

        The requested URL /Public/8.0.0/ucd/StandardizedFlags.html was
        not found on this server.

:)

However, I agree, all we need to do is create a UFL (Universal Flag Locator) and we can keep it as stable as we want.

A./