Hello Marcel,

On 2016/11/12 07:35, Marcel Schneider wrote:

For lack of anything better, and faced with Microsoftʼs one weekʼs silence, I
now suggest to make a wider use of the Vietnamese text representation scheme
that Microsoft implemented for Vietnamese, that is documented in TUS [1], and
that might be of wider interest for all tone mark using languages, including
but not limited to Ga and other languages of Togo and other countries of Africa,
and Lithuanian:

— Vowels with diacritics that are not tone marks, e. g. 6 out of the 12
Vietnamese
vowels as shown in Figure 7-3. of TUS 9.0 [2] are represented in NFC and entered
either with live keys or with a dead key - live key combination;

[1] The Unicode Standard 9.0, ch. 7 Europe-I, §7.1 Latin, sh. Vietnamese:
http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode9.0.0/ch07.pdf#G19663

[2] http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode9.0.0/ch07.pdf#G17544

I'm sorry, but I didn't get the fragment identifiers (#G19663, #G17544) to work. Can you tell me which pages/paragraphs you refer to here?

Thanks and regards,   Martin.