F'up2: cldr-us...@unicode.org

Doug Ewell via unicode@unicode.org:

> I think that is a measurement of locale coverage -- whether the
> collation tables and translations of "a.m." and "p.m." and "a week ago
> Thursday" are correct and verified -- not character coverage.

By the way, the binary `am` vs. `pm` distinction common in English and labelled
`a` as a placeholder in CLDR formats is too simplistic for some languages when
using the 12-hour clock (which they usually don't in written language). In
German, for instance, you would always use a format with `B` instead (i.e.
"morgens", "mittags", "abends", "nachts" or no identifier during daylight).

How and where can I best suggest to change this in CLDR? The B formats have
their own code, e.g. `Bhms` = `h:mm:ss B`. Should I just propose to set `hms`
etc. to the same value next time the Survey Tool is open?

In my experience, there are too few people reviewing even the "largest"
languages (like German). I participated in v32 and v33, but other than me there
were only contributions from (seemingly) a single employee from each of Apple,
Google and Microsoft. Most improvements or corrections I suggested just got
lost, i.e. nobody discussed or voted on them, so the old values remained.