On 08/23/2018 06:48 AM, Asmus Freytag (c) via Unicode wrote:
On 8/23/2018 3:28 AM, "Jörg Knappen" wrote:
Asmus,
I know your style of humor, but to keep it straight:
All known human languages, even Piraha, have pronouns for "I" and "you".

And languages like Japanese, tend to use them - mostly not.

Even if the concepts are known, and can be named, there are deep differences across languages concerning the need  or conventions for demarcating them with words in any given context.

Replacing words by symbols is not going to fix this - the only way to get a 'universal' system of symbolic expression is to invent a new language, with its own conventions for use of these symbols in any given context.

It isn't like replacing words with symbols hasn't been tried... I think Francis Lodwick had a "universal symbology" like this in the works in the 1600s.

~mark