Hello Unicon Users,

   While I am in the process of working on a new Windows Unicon binary
release, I want to know what matters to you. I'm trying to reduce the
amount of unnecessary work if we can avoid it. For the last few years, I
have been producing four different builds, 32/64/concurrent/non-concurrent.
32 vs 64 are obvious probably people care about one or the other. The main
reason I still provide non-cocurrent builds is that I believe there are
users out there who still care about the native and super fast
co-expression switch compared to the pthread implementation that comes with
the concurrent build. We hope one day we add support for native context
switch to the concurrent version and avoid this situation, but that is a
different story.

My question is: are there users who care about this (having non-concurrent
builds) and actively using it on Windows?

The second issue is that withing a single Unicon build, we provide
different versions of executable of iconx (iconx.exe, wiconx.exe,
nticonx.exe), icont (icont.exe, wicont.exe) and unicon (unicon.exe,
wunicon.exe). We have tried to get rid of some of these in the past, and we
are till trying to do something about it. In a perfect scenario we only
need three, iconx.exe, icont.exe, and unicon.exe, but because of how
Windows deals with console vs non-console applications we end up with two
versions of every executable. We have some solutions for this, but non of
them is perfect (yet!).

nticonx.exe is built with no graphics to avoid having to do event polling
which gives it a slight edge in performance. In my testings at least, the
gains are negligible. Are there users who actually use it? do you care if
we drop it from our "main" releases?

My Goal is to simplify the "official" release process and reduce the number
of files and their sizes that we have to put in. We can still provide
"special builds"  between the official releases to accommodate different
use cases to drop in feature x or add feature y for example.

Your input is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jafar