Yup, always check ground. I had a fuel gauge that drove me crazy for most of
last season. Sure enough, loose ground. So simple and all that frustration.
Coulda kicked myself.

From: unifliteworld@googlegroups.com [mailto:unifliteworld@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of mvcompromise
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:10 AM
To: unifliteworld@googlegroups.com
Subject: [UnifliteWorld] Re: 1982 DCMY

Den I owe you .02 cents. The oil warning light was a loose ground. Thought I
had checked but obviously not. Alternator still showing a dim light.

Thanks,

Red
On Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:34:54 AM UTC-5, mvcompromise wrote:

it's been awhile since I have posted . Hope eveyone is well. A couple of
issues with Detroit's 6-71's. My engine oil  warning light is not coming on
when I turn on the alarm panel. I replaced the oil pressure switch with no
luck. I had the alternator rebuilt with new regulator and the alternator
light is very dim and not turning off when throttle is applied. As always
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Red