The triggering messages contain too much 'spin', and ongoing, unsupported
attack.
Simplicity is most notable by its absence.

It is outrageous to define Al's motives.

Neighbors should be able to agree to disagree, without being assigned to
some clique-du-jour (either in & out of favor).

For the record:
I have found Al to be both
        thrifty and
        extraordinarily generous
                (across a broad spectrum of causes and with all of
                money, time, advice and housing.)

One of the things I've learned from Lewis Wendell is to notice how
"mean-spirited" some of the folks on this list (including at times me)
can be.
Hopefully he has helped me improve my self and posts.
Liz