In a message dated 12/9/2010 7:34:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
anthony_w...@earthlink.net writes:

My  newspaper gave this event front-page coverage, with a different  take.

http://www.phillyrecord.com/daily-2010/PDR-12-09-10.pdf

--Tony  West
The DP had yet another take... including this truly memorable  paragraph:

"In 2009, developers announced they planned to build the hotel at 40th  and
Pine streets. They changed locations after nearby residents expressed
concerns that the building would harm the neighborhood’s identity. The project
site was then moved to Walnut Street to fit in better with the road’s
commercial aesthetic."

I'm afraid that the Penn people really believe this, and  that Edmund Burke
(who said it before Georgio Santayana was born) will  prove to be correct
that "Those who forget history are destined to repeat  it."

You read it  here, first, on the ever-popular Popu-List

Courtesy of Al Krigman

PS: OK Vanheldensleben, I'm ready. Let me have what you consider  your
acerbic wit for downing you-know-who!