Just rec'd the following:

Date: January 17, 2017 10:57:56 AM
Subject: fyi robberies in your area

Dear Members of the Penn Community:

Philadelphia Police are currently investigating a series of four robberies at point of gun that took place between 8:29 pm last night and 7:05 am this morning, between 43rd & 47th Streets and Spruce & Cedar Streets, just west of our campus and Patrol Zone. The suspect in all four robberies was described as a black male with a thin build and a beard, wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt, shorts, and spandex tights.

Penn Police are working with Philadelphia Police, the University City District and Allied Universal to increase patrols on our western border.

Public Safety will continue to ensure the highest level of safety and security for our community

Please take a moment to sign up for the new Penn Guardian App which can provide emergency personnel with helpful information and your location in an emergency.

For information on Penn Guardian and a link to the app go to:
https://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/safety-initiatives/pennguardian/

Emergency Contact Information:

Emergencies: 215/573-3333 or 511 (from any campus phone)
Special Services: 215/898-6600
Escort Services
Walking: 215/898-WALK (9255)
Penn Transit Ride Service: 215/898-RIDE (7433)
General Information: 215/898-7297
Public Safety