One remaining issue.

I can't seem to get this playback with that command if the RPi is booted
and the command resides in /etc/default/squeezelite

So I added it to /etc/rc.local and rebooted.  Still didn't get full
96000

If I comment out everything in /etc/default/squeezelite and only call
from /etc/rc.local then it works fine.

I guess I don't care how squeezelite starts but I am curious why it
doesn't call correctly from its default file.  The -n name thing doesn't
work either.  I have two systems.  UpSqueeze and DownSqueeze.  Upstairs
and Downstairs so I don't get confused at this point.

Anyway as above I'm playing 24 bit FLAC files in 96000 24 bit now.  Very
cool.  It's taken me some time to get this far however I feel the dust
shaking off my long unused Linux knowledge.

John