TrophyJem wrote:
> I am struggling to change the hostname I have used the Tweaks page but
> the name reverts to "PiCorePlayer"
>
> I have also changed the hostname in /opt/bootsync.sh but after reboot it
> changes back.
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong please?

Hi TrophyJem,

Do you see the message "[ OK ] Backup successful." when you press the
Submit button?

Are you using a valid hostname? i.e. No spaces or special characters
except "-".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostname

regards
Greg

Jesperlykke wrote:
> Yep...
> After changing; execute filetool.sh -b
>
> Regards;
> Jesper.

Hi Jesper,

This shouldn't be necessary when using piCorePlayer. A backup is always
run when changes are made. If you are making "manual" changes not
through the web interface, there is the "Backup" option on the main
page.

The piCorePlayer backup command uses filetool.sh but handles permission
issues with temp files that Steen and I have seen with the basic
command.

If there is a situation where piCorePlayer doesn't do a backup
correctly, please let us know as it is an oversight or  an error.

regards
Greg