I am getting good playback  without dropouts with two wireless Radios
and one wired Touch. I am using ubuntu 14.04.1
I am guessing that your players are wireless, is that correct? Have you
troubleshooted typical wireless poblems:
1) Choosing lower channels and not auto
2) pointing router antenna in a different direction
3) looking for interference from other networks or deices such as
cordless phones, microwave, garage door opener etc
4) switching router out for a different one
5) are there concrete or steel structures between player and router

One of my Radios is 4' away from the router the other is on another
floor

Mind you I am not playing HD tracks just FLAC, but I have not had many
problems. The only time I have issues is if I take a radio outdoors and
transmission is through walls, and brick. Then I have dropouts and often
have to play with location of player or choose MP3s

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1412783275 @ Fri Oct 10 04:00:09
UTC 2014
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8               Platform
Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.18.2 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01
(sqlite 3.7.7.1)

One SB Touch connected by ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm
4.1 speakers
Two SB Radios wireless