Krisbee wrote:
> You may have gigabit rated hardware, but have you tested the actual
> connection speeds between your various devices?
>
> Apart from this, a couple of other things spring to mind.  Firstly,
> adjusting the "squeezelite" params may iron out the re-buffering on
> hi-res playback.  Secondly, what parameters did you use for your CIFS
> mount on the Wandboard quad? Adjusting the wsize/rsize might help. Also
> you might benefit from samba server side optimisation on your ReadyNas.
> Something like this:
> http://darrylgriffiths.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/netgear-readynas-duo-samba-performance.html

I'm not using squeezelite it's LMS I'm trying to get to work -
communicates to a couple of touches to do the actual replay.

This is the entry in the fstab:
//192.168.0.198/media  /media/netdrive cifs
noauto,x-systemd.automount,user=nobody,password="",iocharset=utf8,noperm,nounix,nobrl
0  0

The readynas also supports nfs but I've been totally unable to mount
using this so don't know if it would be any better.

I've just tried the readynas tweak - it doesn't make any difference.

I've not tested the actual connection speeds (I don't know how to) but
all the devices are reporting connection at 1Gb.