paul- wrote:
> There are a couple of ways to do what you want.    This solution uses
> the LMS cli to check the status of the player, and then toggle on/off a
> gpio pin.
> http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165465   (Look down
> the page, you will see a script that Greg posted)
>
> I also have a version of squeezelite that I compiled in the option to
> change a GPIO pin when the power status is changed......it also will
> toggle the power off, if you just pause the player for a certain amount
> of time.    I also recently added an option to fire a shell script from
> squeezelite when the power status is changed.   I did this for a user
> that needed to do something a little more complicated with GPIO.

Hi Paul, thank you for those pointers! Very useful.

I would also like to see this implemented in piCorePlayer but as Greg
has pointed out on PFM the change is very slim for that to happen. I
understand his argument about the many different flavors several users
would want.
Also my use case is slightly different from yours and the one
implemented by the script on PFM. :-)
But I can easily modify the script to make it do what I need.

'M-DAC' (http://www.audiolab.co.uk/product-detail.php?pid=13) -> 'Focal
MP1200' (http://www.mp1200.co.nf/) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
2 x Wandboard Dual, 1 x Wandboard Quad
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon