kolossos4730 wrote:

> I won't be able to take pictures of the old one as this requires a
> complete disassembly of my player. The new one had a revision 1.1 if I
> recall correctly. I can take pictures of this one but this will have to
> wait a few days.

Don't bother. I have a new display as well. I was just curious what the
old one looks like.

kolossos4730 wrote:

> In my opinion there is no need to determine the hardware revision (if
> this is even possible) as people with the old display have no need for
> an applet provided brightness setting.

I mentioned this so that your applet is "idiot prove". :-)
For sure there will be people with old hardware display trying to change
the brightness. And that will result in very strange behavior (display
going off at certain values, putting users in "the dark").

'M-DAC' (http://www.audiolab.co.uk/product-detail.php?pid=13) -> 'Focal
MP1200' (http://www.mp1200.co.nf/) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
2 x Wandboard Dual, 1 x Wandboard Quad
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon