Greg Erskine wrote:
> Same here, 0 to 127 off , 128 to 255 on.  ;)

I ordered another display last friday and assembled it today. This one
had the PCB pre-assembled and the brightness setting works as
advertised. My original display (ordered when the display first became
available) behaves the same as yours. Maybe the original display
hardware has a design flaw which was corrected in a new revision.

I'll try to add an brightness control to my applet. For this to work
after a reboot the brightness setting should be saved somewhere I
presume.