kingswindsor wrote:
> tbali
>
> I have done some more research and i believe Moode turns on the Pi's
> internal pull-ups (like Wiring Pi does).
>
> I'm using the rotary encoder from Gordon in IQaudio and there is a lot
> of information in his guidance and on his github links about the
> encoder.  It's beyond my skill level though to apply it to
> PiCorePlayer!
>
> Am I correct in assuming you have external pull-up resistors in your
> hardware setup for the rotary encoder?   If so, would you be able to
> share that as I might be able to make progress that way?
>
> many thanks

I am using Gordon's IQ_rot and it works just fine (At least with the
Amp+ board), but you need libwiringPi.  PiCorePlayer does not come with
wiringPI built in, and there could be a library version conflict as
well.   I have it compiled and statically linked with wiringPi,  I'll
send you a link when I get home this evening.    That will be a good
test to make sure your hardware is wired properly for use with
piCorePlayer.