paul- wrote:
> Can you make sure the save the log level settings, so it starts the
> first time in Debug.   Also it seems there is a permission issue
> writting the spotifyd.log.    Go to /usr/local/slimserver/Logs

  >   >
  > touch spotifyd.log
  > chmod 666 spotifyd.log.

--------------------

Hello,

First, thanks a lot for piCorePlayer! I've broken (dropped) my SB a few
months ago and was missing it...

I cannot find any answer relative to this problem, but I'm also facing
it. From the log, it says that Spotify protocol handler cannot write to
the log

  [16-12-29 18:40:19.2556] Plugins::SpotifyProtocolHandler::Spotifyd::__ANON__
(90) unable to write log file: /usr/local/slimserver/Logs/spotifyd.log

But if I change the log level in the plugin settings and save the
option, it can then write to the log and works OK. Changing the file
permissions does not seem to be needed (Slimserver is run under tc user
and permission 666 does not survive any reboot anyway). And the log
content is not useful since it shows only information when the plugin
was able to start.

I suspect a race condition (just a guess!), because it works from time
to time - but not most of the time. Is it something plausible? How could
I investigate more on this?