I'm running PiCorePlayer on a RPi 3 as my LMS, and my client is a RPi 2,
both running 3.10.  I get popping noises when playing music either from
local files or via Tidal, and it may be worse on hires (24/96) - but I
only have a few and the popping is so random as to make judgement quite
difficult.  Sounds like noise on LPs!!!  It IS worse if I run a client
squeezelite on the same Pi as the LMS, but since the upgrade to 3.10 it
seems to be happening more...  no wireless involved, its all on cat5 and
I don't think its due to external electrical interference either...
wasn't present when I ran my LMS on a windows box.  Any ideas?