NotTheHerbie wrote:
> I have not tried PCP 3.20, but I did use Squeezelite v1.8.4-945 as the
> baseline for my tests.  I also figured out I could delete the link to
> squeezelite located at /usr/local/bin and replace it with my test
> builds, knowing they would not survive a reboot.  I think I may have
> found a solution to the skip ahead problem.
>
> Using the test setup I described earlier, I first verified my rebuilt
> build 945 worked and exhibited the stuttering.  I set log level to
> all=sdebug and looking at pcp_squeezelite.log, I found skip ahead
> entries every 5-10 seconds.  Not all were large enough to be audible,
> but enough were to make the stream unlistenable.
>
> I then inserted a build with only the following change reverted to build
> 720, which eliminated all but one skip ahead at the beginning of every
> track.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or would like me to test anything
> else.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Thanks Mike for looking into this.  The 3 changes from the r727 commit
fixed the status bar reporting for the controllers, but appears to have
broken sync status updates.  I've attached a patch file which reverts
them.  Would you please apply it to a clean r945 and confirm it matches
your changes above and that sync is working properly.  I'll then apply
that change to git and create a new pcp-squeezelite.tcz and pcp binary.

|Filename: stutter.patch.txt                                        |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22433|

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.