--------------------

--------------------

> I will try to do better write-up in the next 24 hours, but to make it
> better targeted to your system please let me know which OS (cat
> /etc/os-release) and which perl (perl -v) you are starting with.
>
> Thanks.

Thank you! There's definitely no hurry, though. I don't strictly need
another server, it's just fun to play around with this stuff. I got as
far as running git apply --check on the patch and wound up with:

  error: slimserver-vendor-patched/CPAN/buildme.sh: No such file or directory
  error: slimserver-vendor-patched/flac/buildme-linux.sh: No such file or
directory
  error: slimserver-vendor-patched/sox/buildme-linux.sh: No such file or
directory

--------------------

I had not yet installed the additional packages (fakeroot, yasm, etc.),
but now that I have I still see the same error.

This is an Odroid C2.

Result of cat /etc/os-release is:

  NAME="Ubuntu"
  VERSION="16.04.3 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
  ID=ubuntu
  ID_LIKE=debian
  PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"
  VERSION_ID="16.04"
  HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/";
  SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/";
  BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/";
  VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
  UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

Result of perl -v is:

  This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 1 (v5.22.1) built for
aarch64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

Result of uname -a is:

  Linux odroid64.wywh.com 3.14.79-108 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 27 23:18:26 BRT
2017 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Thank you again!