If you have the same problem with either wireless or cable, I'm still
thinking "network".

Random thoughts are:

Which version of pCP? do you use the standard 3.22 and not the fancy
audio version.?

Which power supply are you using for the pi? it needs at least 2.5 amps
and just a smidge over 5volts (the official, recommended one is good).

Although I have never experienced any problems with the inbuilt pi wifi
myself, some people recommend a cable connection if running the LMS on
the pi or the use of a usb wifi dongle, but then you are running the dac
and the lan on the same bus, which might be contributing to your woes.

On the Squeezelite page is it set to use the LMS on the pi?

Switching inputs on the dac should leave the pCP playing through the
usb, it should not arbitrarily break the connection.

I have never bothered with static IP addresses, but I know that some
people advocate their use.

Have you tried the old switch it all of, reset the router, plug it back
in, one by one routine.

ronnie