Greg,
In my case rather than having 2 tabs, I had zero player tabs in pCP.
The only tab showing was LMS.  Looking at the LMS web interface info
page I was able to determine that the LMS web interface was interacting
with the wireless mac address.  From the LMS interface I could start and
stop the player that was outputting to my DAC.  Eventually I figured out
from the TFT/jivelite that there were two identically named players.

The key was on the diagnostics pages.  On the Diagnostics->Raspberry Pi
tab/page, I came across "Controls MAC" and it was set to the wired mac
address.  Based on that I tried manually setting the squeezelite mac
address to that address.  Hence the next Eureka! moment.  After setting
the mac address I then had 2 player tabs in pCP.  More importantly, I
could set my autostart properties so the player would start playing
pretty quickly after power up.

Took the new experimental setup for a ride in the car last night.  pCP
in the car - woo hoo!