I recommend the Zero with a JustBoom Amp Zero pHAT. The pHAT can power
the Pi, and you can choose a power supply to match the speakers you want
to connect. It has very good sound quality and even great music power,
if you need it.

If your wifi AP is far from the Pi or you want to put it into a metal
enclosure, you can use external antennas with a dongle or even solder an
antenna connector to the Zero-W. I'm using a wifi dongle without housing
directly soldered to the Zero's USB test points (and put into
heat-shrink tubing) + an external antenna.

I love this setup, as it is small, low-cost, versatile and has good
sound quality.