paul- wrote:
> The uid=,gid stuff is for CIFS.  Those are not valid NFS strings. Its
> also nice that CIFS supports vers=3.0, but nfs is only vers=3  (Cant use
> the .0)
>
> There is a little more information if you expand the more>
>
> The attached mount command works for my Synology DSM 6.2-23739   The
> Share name was /volume1/Media
>
> 25363

This is really stupid but I figured what was the problem : I was using
Safari on my Mac Mini and the error concerning the requested format only
appears in that browser. I changed to Chrome and everything was fine.
Again, many thanks for your time and I am really glad that it's now
working (although I spent a lot of time on something really stupid).