Hi, this is an intermittent problem I have had with one of my
picoreplayers - RPi3 + IQaudio DAC + IQaudio AMP with 7" screen and lirc
control.  What happens is that after resuming play after a pause, no
sound comes out even though squeezelite appears to be working.  It then
needs multiple re-boots until (for no apparent reason) it produces
sound.   It then carries on working.   There is no low current or
overheating going on when this occurs.  It has occurred with 3.2x, 3.5
and today 4.0.

I don't know if the cause is software or hardware and, to my untutored
eye, the logs look normal except this pcp_boot.log.  Any advice would be
appreciated and if I should investigate any other logs, please let me
know.

George

Starting piCorePlayer setup...
operand
Done.
Checking for newpcp.cfg on mmcblk0p1...
Trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1.
newpcp.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1.
Setting piCore repository...Done.
Generating drop-down list...Done.
Starting wifi...
sh: 3: unknown operand
sh: 3: unknown operand
Starting WiFi on wlan0...
udhcpc: started, v1.27.2
udhcpc: sending discover
udhcpc: sending discover
udhcpc: sending select for 192.168.1.72
udhcpc: lease of 192.168.1.72 obtained, lease time 86400
deleting routers
route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
adding dns 192.168.1.1
Done.
Waiting for soundcard IQaudIODAC to populate. Done (1).
Waiting for network. Done (1).
Starting ALSA configuration...No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
.No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
.No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
.No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
.No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
.No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
ALSA restore error!
(7)
Done.
Starting lirc with Jivelite support...Done.
Starting Openssh server...Done.
Starting Squeezelite and/or Shairport-sync...
[ INFO ] sh: 3: unknown operand
Restarting Shairport-sync player...
sh: 3: unknown operand
Stopping Shairport-sync player: Shairport-sync...
sh: 3: unknown operand
Starting Shairport-sync player: Shairport-sync...
[ INFO ] Starting Squeezelite player: Squeezelite...
Done.
Starting httpd web server...Done.
Starting auto start FAV...sh: 1: unknown operand
Done.
wlan0 IP: 192.168.1.72
Setting cpu scaling governor...ondemand Done.
Finished piCorePlayer setup.
Starting Jivelite...Done.
crond syncing time...