--------------------

> regards
> Greg
Thanks, Greg!
The above command results in this response:
ntpd: timed out waiting for 193.183.98.38, reach 0x00, next query in 2s
So, in this case, it looks like it can not reach the ntp server.

However, when I do (from the same ssh session): ping pool.ntp.org
I get: PING pool.ntp.org (193.183.98.38): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 193.183.98.38: seq=0 ttl=52 time=66.725 ms
So in this case, it seems to see the server.

How can that be?
Still very puzzeled....