TomS wrote:
> I have an old box running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and what seems like
> Squeezebox Server 7.8.1  (despite the fact that the web interface says
> there is a new version 7.8.1 available).  The info page says 7.8.1
> though.
>
> Anyway, I am thinking I should at some point push this to SBS 7.9.x but
> I don't know how best to uninstall 7.8.1, leaving configurations and
> plugins etc in place for the 7.9.2 install.
>
> I welcome any help that might be offered.
>
> (I would consider upgrading the Ubuntu but won't if I don't need to
> [read don't want to] - it acts as a SBS and a file server for some other
> machines quite happily).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom S.

As Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is almost EOL, there is usually plenty of reason to
upgrade your OS to a newer LTS-version of Ubuntu, but I am not familiar
with your exact use cases. For both the OS upgrade and an LMS update no
removal/reinstall is needed, just perform the appropriate update
procedures.

*Living Room:* HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
*Attic:* HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
*Kitchen:* SB Radio
*Other rooms:* 4x SB Radio