Wigster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Bluetooth speaker as output devices in PCP6 sounds great. But I am
> wondering about the reverse: using a PCP device itself as a Bluetooth
> speaker (sink) itself.
>
> Is such a thing possible?

Yes, it can be done today......just not perhaps as seemless as you want.
You can pair your phone to a device > pCP 6.0.0-b4.   Also install
pcp-streamer.   Then connect your phone and play music to the Bluetooth
device.

Phone -> Bluetooth Sink -> pcp-Streamer -----creates a playable stream
of what is coming from your phone.   Then point whatever player you want
to play the stream. (You can create a favorite on LMS)

Pros:
Any device on your LMS network can listen to what is coming from your
phone.
You can sync your players to this stream.

Cons:
Just cannot connect to a device and press play....Requires using LMS
to pick what you want to hear.

To allow the pCP device to just play the audio sync could easily cause
conflicts and crashes if you were to accidentally try to play to the pCP
device via bluetooth and LMS at the same time.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer