paul- wrote:
> Once you have remouted the drive, then you will need to fix the
> permissions.  I don't have a mac, so I really cannot test very well.
>
> If you want to write to the device while mounted to the pCP system, I
> would not use an hfs formatted drive.   If you really don't want to
> reformat it, then I would just attach the drive to your MAC to update
> it.
Thanks for the reply.  That was going to be the next approach.  Connect
it to my Macbook, do a repair disc maybe and then see if I can modify
the permissions.  If not, I will reformat the drive and copy the data
over from a backup.  I'll be on the road for a week, so I'll check it
out when I get back home.