It seems like the autoswitching can be configured, using alsamixer.  But
I'm seeing differences between my 4th Joggler and one of the others.  If
you ssh in and type 'alsamixer' you should see a screen something like
this:

[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/Jivelite/alsamixer1_640.jpeg]

That's the screen that I get from my 4th Joggler, on which the 3.5mm
plug does not mute the internal speaker.  The 'Auto-Mute Mode' on the
right was set to 'enabled' - in this configuration the internal speaker
does not switch off and I can only get crackling from the attached
speaker.  When I switch it to 'disabled' then the connected speaker
starts to play back, but the internal speaker doesn't mute.  I think
this makes sense, but only if the switch itself is faulty.  I don't
think this can be your case, because the switch works under sqpos.

On one of my other units I see a slightly different configuration under
alsamixer:

[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/Jivelite/alsamixer2_640.jpeg]

Firstly I see the additional 'Headphone' column, and secondly the
Auto-Mute Mode has three settings: 'Disabled', 'Speaker Only' and 'Line
Out+Speaker'.

So can you investigate the AutoMute options under Alsamixer and see if
one of them works for you?