paul- wrote:
> This quote thing is bothersome.   Here is the full wpa_supplicant.conf,
> with notes from w1.fi
> https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/tree/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> There is a ton of unneeded stuff in there, but the network block starts
> at line 805.  The various examples start at line 1569

Yes I agree, it was bothering me, I recreated each scenario checked
usr/local/etc/pcp/wpa_supplicant.conf for each case and found they all
differed, only the last one actually worked...

ssid=...CrayNet...

ssid=CrayNet

#enc_ssid="...CrayNet..."
ssid="...CrayNet..."

#enc_ssid="CrayNet"
ssid="CrayNet"

So something somewhere is encoding or interpreting " as ...

and I just had this nagging feeling that I'd seen something like this
before - text editors putting unwanted/wrong characters or controls in
edited files.

I went back to old time basics and I fired up my Windows desktop,
Used Etcher to create a new pCP image
Notepad++ to edit wpa_supplicant.conf on the Boot partition...

I left the line # Maintained by user in the file unmodified.

i changed ...
country=GB,
ssid="CrayNet"
psk="mypskpassword"

saved the file, ejected the disk, poked it into the Rpi and powered up,
a minute or so later I was connected to the Web UI of pCP...

Perfect and simple - just as it should be

So my issue was something in my process and tools on my Mac - probably
TextEdit.

Grrrrr... hours chasing a non-problem, my apologies guys, I should have
gone down this route and checked this first thing this morning.

I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time, Paul- & Greg appreciate
the help and knowledge you passed on, I'm new to pCP and have learnt
quite a bit in the last 24 hours!

Obviously this leaves Christophe back where he was, when I started this
I though I might have the same problem as him and therefore could help,
but that looks unlikely now - sorry.

Cheers

Kev

PS I'll update my previous posts to point to here, might save some
future readers a bit of time!:o