zordaz wrote:
> Buy a HifiBerry DAC or an equivalent for your Pi and you're done.

It turns out the theory is great, but actually buying one may take a
while. I suppose that could be the Covid-19 effect. I think the DAC+ Pro
is the board for me.

There don't appear to be any HiFiBerry boards available at all in New
Zealand, where I live. One ".co.nz" web site offers some, but the site
looks to me like a dodgy front end for a Chinese seller of all sorts of
things so I'm not getting burned that way again. Pi Hut in the UK lists
the DAC+ Pro but, like every other source I could find, is out of stock
so I'm hoping they'll get new stock before too long. I'm looking forward
to it arriving eventually!

Thanks again for your helpful pointer.

Digital: Squeezebox Duet Receiver - Yamaha RX-V2700 and Jamo speakers
Analogue: Speakercraft MZC-66 for whole house system
Logitech Music Server: 7.9.3 on an elderly PC running Win 10 Pro,
headless
Library: External USB drive
Ethernet: Squeezebox Duet Receiver
Wifi: Duet controller + Android Squeezer