ralphy wrote:
> Yes, it is possible to control squeezelite with a usb device that mimics
> a keyboard with /usr/local/sbin/inputlircd if you manually install the
> pcp-lirc extension.  That being said, it's not an simple setup.
>
> I did this recently with the 'Justboom Smart USB Remote'
> (https://shop.justboom.co/products/justboom-smart-remote) and a 'mini
> usb keyboard'
> (https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-Keyboard-I8-2-4g-Wireless-Receiver-Optical-Mouse-For-Android-Tv-Box-Pc/362509407539)
> while testing a squeezelite change to enable repeating keys support with
> inputlircd.
>
> We don't support inputlircd from the webgui lirc tweaks pages.  If you
> enable lirc through tweaks, pcp will launch lircd at startup which
> conflicts with inputlircd.
>
> You need to install pcp-lircd from the extensions webgui and start it
> from the user commands, and you must add -i to squeezelite various
> options field.
>
> See 'the manpage'
> (https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/inputlirc/inputlircd.8.en.html) for
> option details.
>
> You will likely need to create a mapping file (-t) and you might need to
> add -m 0 and -r 300 in addition to the input device your usb device is
> sending key events on.

Thanks Ralphy.

I've made a bit of progress and managed to compile a version of the
Thingiverse Knob software that works well with Jivelite just sending
KEYCODE_SPACE, KEYCODE_MINUS, KEYCODE_EQUAL, and MMKEY_SCAN_PREV_TRACK
and MMKEY_SCAN_NEXT_TRACK. It's not pretty but it works connected
directly to a USB port.

30253

I've been following your suggestion for making it work with Squeezelite.
I'm currently testing with a standard wired (not RF) USB keyboard and
although inputlircd seems to be running OK the key presses don't seem to
be getting through. On the tweaks page it shows LIRC as running, and on
the IR page there is a prompt to Install LIRC.

What did your lircd.conf and licrc files look like when you were testing
the mini usb keyboard? Am I heading in the wrong direction?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Agnew

|Filename: IMG_4481.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30253|