stereoptic wrote:
> I am not sure if this is a picoreplayer issue or LMS. I am running
> picoreplayer:
> -piCorePlayer v6.1.0 | www v0009 | linux 4.19.122-pcpCore_v8 | piCore
> v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP-
> running LMS with an attached external drive.
>
> I uploaded the latest LMS update:
> Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1598791476 @ Sun Aug 30 15:24:20
> CEST 2020
>
> After updating, something was immediately odd.  I had to re-login to
> mysq.com and also identify the location of my music directory.
> I selected the mount point and it my was empty except for a slimserver
> directory.  I ssh'ed into the /mnt/HomeLMS directory and all that was
> there a slimserver directory. No music.  I checked all of the other
> /sda# as well.
> I was frightened for a second thinking somehow the directory was
> deleted.
> I opened the picoreLMS page and changed the name of the mount point
> slightly to HomeLMS2 (this mount point name had not been used before).
> Viola!  File structure was intact! Whew!!
>
> I am not sure why picore/LMS would not recognize the original mount
> point name.   I don't know if it was the nightly update that caused
> this?  There is a possibility that I was running a full scan on the
> directory when I applied the update.
>
> I would also like to rename it back and would appreciate advice.  Thanks

I have been trying various methods to determine why this is occuring.

When the Rpi4 finishes rebooting, squeezelite is not starting.  I have
to manually start it.  ALso LMS is not running because it can't find the
mount point.
To fix this I can't disable the mount point.  So I change the 'Set the
Data Location and Move Cache to that location'. to the boot disk.  Once
that finishes, I can uncheck the mount, and then when it is unmounted, I
check it again to mount and then switch the Data Location/ Cache to the
USB drive.

Then I have to rescan the directory.
I am guessing that somehow I am messing with the cache location???