paul- wrote:
> It cannot be a dummy address, it will need to be a real address. You
> might be able to create a virtual interface on your system.  Then you
> will need a real webserver running on that interface to handle the
> redirect.
>
> The only other option I can think of is owning a domain, in that case
> you can setup the redirects from your domain.

This is helpful.  I've found out how to create the virtual interface.
And now I'm trying to figure out how to get what I think is a Reverse
Proxy(?) to handle the redirect.  Initial attempts with tinyproxy
haven't worked yet but I feel like I'm getting closer.  At least my
google searches seem a lot more directed vs random!