philchillbill wrote:
> Indeed, I noticed the script was failing due to lack of network
> availability. I had hoped that a sleep statement in it would allow me to
> wait until it was up. Or just use a while loop until I see network
> availability.

I found that if I launched the start-up script into the background (with
"&"), and then waited a few seconds that was enough.  But that doesn't
seem particularly foolproof, given that networks don't always come up in
a fixed amount of time - users will have different environments.

pCP has a good method for waiting for the network, in
/usr/local/etc/init.d/pcp_startup.sh.