Greg Erskine wrote:
> I have tested it, it works OK for me.

Ah, well it doesn't surprise me. What is your setup that works or have
you tested on many different setups? As said earlier I tried with Rpi 3
v1.2 with PcP 7.0 with an IqAudio Amp+ card. SQL is = v1.9.9-1386.

Have a Rpi 3B+ and also a 4. One of them have Pcp 6 though (can't
remember which now). See if i have some time to test same thing with
them and what happens. Do you think it could make a difference? Or is it
possible to check any log somewhere to get a clue of why SQL doesn't
start at boot for me when using your fix?

As said I'm pretty much ok now as is but it's always nice to solve
things and learn something new in the process. And it would sure be very
handy if your solution would work. Much easier to change stereo/mono
setup.