Man in a van wrote:

> Also, a card reader will, or should work, as you intend but a proper usb
> stick might server better in the long term, in my opinion :)

Don't think so. Both USB sticks and memory cards are originally designed
for occasional writes, e.g. for backups, manual transport of files
between isolated systems, storing photos on a camera. Since in
particular micro SD cards are now also used for video devices such as
dashcams you are much more likely to find an SD card that will sustain a
lot more writes than in the original use case, at a raised price of
course. AFAIK no such need exists for USB sticks and with only a few
people wanting to pay extra for it they would be very expensive indeed.