On 8/19/07, Wade Preston Shearer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All,
>
> I am toying with the idea of dropping Mailman for Google Groups and
> would like some feedback from the group. Mailman is a nice, old
> friend that has giving years of dedicated service to the community,
> but his age is showing. Sure, once you get it configured and locked
> down, it will run like a champ for years on end, but installing and
> configuring Mailman is a royal pain and even adding/editing lists,
> administering services, and managing personal accounts is a pain. The
> interface is archaic and horrible from a usability standpoint.
> Mailman's features are excellent, but they aren't any good if you
> can't figure out how to use them or it is so complicated that you
> don't want to bother. Plus the archives aren't searchable. Plus the
> archives display your email address un-obsficated.

Just don't use Google for domains!  I think if they actually
integrated the functionality of Google Groups it'd be a perfect world.
 Google Groups is a nice idea and adding us to a list on there would
be fine with me.  Probably the only drawback is that the email
addresses wouldn't end in uphpu.org IIRC.

Cheers,

Clint