Hi all,

I'm having trouble deploying the SJDC branch of the CAnnouncements channel
to up3 and wondered if anyone had any insight.  After fixing up the code to
use log4j, it all seems to compile.  However, when I deploy it, it's unable
to load the properties file correctly.  I see the following error in the
logs:

ERROR [org.jasig.portal.ChannelManager#73] announcements.CAnnouncements.[]
Apr/13 22:01:41 - java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:/usr/local/
tomcat_instances/up3-unicon/webapps/uPortal/WEB-INF/lib/uportal-impl-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/properties/announcements/CAnnouncements.properties

The channel appears to be using the ResourceLoader.getResourceAsFile method
to load the properties.  It doesn't seem to be a very widely used method;
the only other user in the uPortal source code is using it with a relative
path to a resource, rather than one that starts with "/".  Has the behavior
of this method changed in up3?  Is there anything in particular I should be
looking out for?  Have I likely misconfigured something?  I did double check
to make sure that the CAnnouncements.properties file really is getting added
to the uportal jar.

Thanks,

- Jen

--
Join your friends and colleagues at JA-SIG 2008 - "Higher Education Solutions:
The Community Source Way!"

Featuring CAS, DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal, and
more!
Information/Registration at:
http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html

Subscribe to the conference blog, The Community Source Way
http://jasig2008.blogspot.com, for news and updates about the  event.

Join the Conference networking site at http://ja-sigspring08.crowdvine.com/

You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]