This may actually be related to a change in Tomcat for 5.5.26 that requires resource paths to not start with a /.

The only other thing I could think of is the .jar packaging. The resource loader code has not changed to my knowledge but as you can see from the URI it is looking in a .jar file for the properties.

-Eric

Jen Bourey wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having trouble deploying the SJDC branch of the CAnnouncements channel to up3 and wondered if anyone had any insight. After fixing up the code to use log4j, it all seems to compile. However, when I deploy it, it's unable to load the properties file correctly. I see the following error in the logs:

ERROR [org.jasig.portal.ChannelManager#73] announcements.CAnnouncements.[] Apr/13 22:01:41 - java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:/usr/local/
tomcat_instances/up3-unicon/webapps/uPortal/WEB-INF/lib/uportal-impl-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/properties/announcements/CAnnouncements.properties

The channel appears to be using the ResourceLoader.getResourceAsFile method to load the properties. It doesn't seem to be a very widely used method; the only other user in the uPortal source code is using it with a relative path to a resource, rather than one that starts with "/". Has the behavior of this method changed in up3? Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for? Have I likely misconfigured something? I did double check to make sure that the CAnnouncements.properties file really is getting added to the uportal jar.

Thanks,

- Jen
--

Join your friends and colleagues at JA-SIG 2008 - "Higher Education Solutions: The Community Source Way!" April 27th - 30th, 2008 in St. Paul, Minnesota USA

Featuring CAS, DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal, and more! Information/Registration at: http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html

Subscribe to the conference blog, The Community Source Way http://jasig2008.blogspot.com <http://jasig2008.blogspot.com/>, for news and updates about the event.

Join the Conference networking site at http://ja-sigspring08.crowdvine.com/

You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL